Friday, March 26, 2010

On wine and waffles...

So we are credit-card-free, thanks to a blessing that came our way. It's not like we had that much credit card debt (or, at least, not in comparison to so many I know), but it was enough for us; and debt is debt. We cut up our cards, and toasted to our new lives over a bottle of moscato, and aged gouda cheese. Moscato is our favorite wine (in fact, the only wine I will drink at all) because it is sweet and bubbly.
Moscato is a good dessert wine. And on that note, a new dessert I like is...waffles. Big, fluffy waffles with syrup, and maybe some various chopped fruit on top, and definitely, positively, some whipped cream. You see, before closing one of the credit card accounts, we redeemed some reward points, and chose to get a waffle iron.
Up until recently, my interest in waffles was less than mediocre, until I visited Aunt Amber, who made really nice, fluffy, golden brown waffles one morning for breakfast-the sort you can really eat with appreciation, unlike the really thin, frozen ones at the grocery store (please don't do that to yourself). So, sad to say but it's true, upon this inspiration, I made my first homemade waffles just the other day. I thought they were so good, I had another after lunch, for my dessert.
Now, I've only tried one recipe. My readers are welcome to comment and include their recipes if they'd like.

Beat 2 eggs until foamy. Beat in, using a hand beater: 2 c flour, 1 3/4 C milk, 1/2 C Veggie oil, 1 TBS sugar, 4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla. Pour just a little less than 1 cup of batter on waffle iron, and cook for 3 1/2 minutes.



1 comment:

vq said...

I love moscato! My favorite (so far)!