Monday, February 15, 2010

The Best Ever French Toast

I am not a huge fan (or even a fan at all) of french toast, so I never thought I would say this, but it is true: I can make a MEAN french toast. Go figure.

The bread is key. I mean, that really is all it takes. Use a regular bread for french toast, and breakfast is a waste of time.

So, I found a fabulous bread for french toast, which is Brioche. Brioche is a French bread, which is tender and crumbly. It is almost pastry-like, and is therefore never meant to be eaten without the addition of...well...something.

Mmmm, yum, it is so good! So here is my recipe:

Cinnamon French Toast

1 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 C milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
4 slices of Brioche

Mix the ingredients together in a pie dish. Soften both sides of the Brioche with the mixture. Cook french toast on a griddle on medium heat, flipping once.

Sprinkle on some powdered sugar, or "snow" as Lara refers to it (and, yes, we know what other word "snow" refers to. Ha!). Then eat it up!!

No comments: