Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making your sink shine!

My sink is not very pretty and shiny. I am good at ignoring this, until I visit a home that has such a nice, new sink, and then I come home and tell Dad that I want a new sink!

Most of the time, it's not a new sink you need. It's a sink that needs a good cleaning. It's like this with any appliance. A really good cleaning can make it look brand new...or close to it. :) Then you will save yourself lots of money.

Here is how I make my sink look close-to-brand-new:

1. Clean out any dishes and messes from the sink
2. Fill it to the very top with hot water, put in one cup of bleach and let it sit for about 1 hour
3. Drain, then scrub the basin with whatever you normally clean it with. I use SOS pads and scrub my sink to death.
4. Be sure to also clean around the faucet until all the scum is gone,
5. Rinse the sink and dry
6. then use some Windex and shine the sink

This will make your sink look really nice. I like to do this, but I usually don't have the time. But it happens sometimes and it will motivate you to keep the dishes clean and out of the sink for awhile, b/c you don't want to ruin your beautiful sink!

No comments: