Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stuffed Chicken

Stuffed chicken is an easy way to be creative and use ingredients you like-and it doesn't involve measuring; you just use as much as you would like of your favorite ingredients.

Tonight for supper, I pounded down some chicken tenders. I then layed some mozzarella and bacon bits on each strip, rolled them up, and stuck in a toothpick to keep them tightly closed. I put a thin layer of cream of chicken in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, and laid the stuffed chicken side by side in the dish. Then, I brushed on some olive oil, and sprinkled on some garlic salt and bread crumbs. For 8 chicken tenders, I cooked them in the oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

I only ever use chicken tenders now to do a stuffed chicken dish. They are easy to pound (make sure you cover them with plastic before you pound, otherwise you are going to spray your kitchen with salmonella), easy to roll up, and easy to tell when they are cooked through!

But don't follow my recipe, just lay on that chicken whatever strikes your fancy. If it turns out terrible, it's like I always say, "We'll just be making a quick trip to McDonalds!"

Lara, you enjoyed them quite a bit!

No comments: